Flying Fish Cove Winery is located in Wilyabrup in the heart of the Margaret River grape growing region on a large 8ha site with plenty of room for expansion.
A ring road encircles the Winery and provides easy access for trucks of all sizes. The site is on two levels with the crushpad at the highest ground level and the remainder of the site on an excavated lower level.
The custom crush winery consists of:
- A 1000m2 central building which houses the main tank farm and two story office block accommodating winemakers offices, tasting rooms, laboratory, chemical and maintenance rooms and employee facilities.
- A 600m2 climate controlled barrel store with additional annex storage room of 350m2 attached to the main building.
- A 1000m2 outdoor tank farm adjacent the central building together with a 750m2 climate controlled packaged wine storage shed.
- A 1000m2 concrete area providing additional space for barrel work and vintage activities.
- A 300 megalitre dam providing unlimited water. The Winery is licensed by the Department of Environment for 2000 tonnes and has a 15 year history of compliance.
Flying Fish Cove have experience producing a wide range of styles and production levels including:
- Flotation of white and rose juices
- Whole bunch barrel fermented chardonnay incorporating various levels of turbidity
- Wild ferment management of red and white wines in tank and barrel
- Rose from run off to saingee, to dedicated red batches, to press
- Whole bunch pinot and chardonnay for sparkling base wine
- Tank matured red and white wines using oak products such as oak bean staves
- Micro oxygenation styles using combination of pre and post malo timing
- Extended maceration of red ferments