Flying Fish Cove runs a small permanent staff within both the Winery and the Administration. During Vintage and at other appropriate times, casual and part-time staff are taken on to assist and cover the workload.
Current Job Opportunities
Winemaker Position (Full Time)
Flying Fish Cove is one of Margaret River’s largest wineries only 25 minutes north of the township in the Wilyabrup sub-region. Established in 2000, the winery makes award-winning wines for a diverse range of contract clients plus has its own elegant portfolio. It is a forward-thinking, shareholder-owned wine business that is fully committed to investing in the latest production and software management assets.
Reporting to the Chief Winemaker this is a senior role with day-to-day management responsibilities, hands-on cellar work, plus thoughtful input to winemaking direction. The role will support your professional development through participation in wine shows, seminars and conferences.
The position demands a high level of professionalism and commitment to the company’s vision for wine quality, value, safety and environmental responsibility.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience, is available to the successful candidate.
Winemaking and operational functions:
• Proven winemaking and tasting skills
• Excellent practical cellar skills
• Keen eye for innovation improving wine quality and flow of work
• Capacity to implement and improve systems
• Client service orientation
Skills and Qualifications:
• Tertiary qualifications in winemaking
• At least 5 years relevant experience
• Valid forklift and driver’s licenses
• Ability to engage with company systems to achieve timely production outcomes
• Confident leadership skills
• Customer service orientation
• Good organisational skills
• A focus on health and safety in the workplace
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to wine production
• Excellent communication skills
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th July 2021.