The Flying Fish Cove Winemaking team have over 45 years of experience in managing wine production and over the last 15 years have achieved multiple awards for Client Wines and the Flying Fish Cove Brand.
Every employee is dedicated to our goal of following client specifications and using the best cellar practices to produce the highest quality wine possible. Every job in the winery is created by a winemaker according to client instructions and documented by signed cellar notes which are recorded on our live networked production program.
- Bachelor of Wine Science from Charles Sturt University
- Experienced gained from small to large winery employment and contract work with overseas vintage completed in Italy
- Highly organised and effective dedicated to quality with excellent organoleptic skills
- Bachelor of Science and Laws from University of Western Australia
- Involved in formation of Flying Fish Cove and completed 14 vintages at the winery
- Family ownership in Flying Fish Cove
- Experience gained from working in small private winery to contract work at larger commercial facilities and overseas work in US
- Established and manages food safety system
- Excellent reporting skills
Hailing from Sydney, Blake was lured to the rugged west coast by his fiancée. Experience gained in the local vineyards and bottling, led Blake to a Cellar Operator role at Flying Fish Cove. It’s his second vintage with us and helps out in the winery and lab. With a Bachelor in Sports Science, Blake can also be found teaching groms to surf at Yallingup Surf School.
Keen to join our crew? Our winery is located in the Wilyabrup sub-region of Margaret River in Western Australia. Check out current job opportunities on our employment page.