A Slice of Manjimup: Truffle, Pear & Ricotta Wood-Fired Pizza
Jul 24, 2023
It's truffle season, and each year from June to August, we are treated to these local delicacies in the South West.
Manjimup's ideal climate and mineral-rich soil create the perfect environment for cultivating high-quality black Périgord truffles, renowned for their distinct umami flavour. They are a delicacy in the culinary world, known for their ability to add a unique taste to a wide range of dishes.
Elevate your cooking game with this delicious truffle wood-fired pizza from With Spice. It's the perfect blend of sweet and savoury, featuring juicy pears, creamy ricotta, honey, and fresh Manjimup truffles.
Pair it with our Flying Fish Shiraz to complement the earthy and umami notes of the black truffles and the creaminess of the ricotta, without overpowering the flavours.
- Artisan pizza dough
- Black Manjimup truffles
- Pecorino romano
- Honey (we use local honey made onsite at the winery)
- Wulura farm olive oil
- Black pepper
- Prepare pizza dough at least 6 hours ahead.
- Preheat your wood-fired oven to 260°C.
- Shape the dough into a 30cm circle.
- Spread olive oil on the surface.
- Top with sliced pears, dollops of ricotta, and grated pecorino romano cheese.
- Place the pizza in the preheated wood-fired oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or until the crust is cooked and charred in spots.
- Remove the pizza from the wood-fired oven.
- Slice fresh truffles over the top and drizzle with honey.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with a glass of Flying Fish Shiraz!
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on your wood-fired oven, so keep an eye on the pizza to avoid overcooking.