Tom's Tasty Pork Dumplings
May 22, 2023
At Flying Fish, our crew loves gathering for casual Friday arvo lunches. Our winemaker Tom recently made these tasty dumplings; bursting with flavour and easy to make.
The combination of garlic, chilli, and sesame oil creates a tantalising filling, while frying and steaming give the dumplings a delicious texture that's best paired with a glass of our Wildberry Estate Chardonnay.
Whether you're hosting a casual gathering or simply craving a satisfying snack, these pork dumplings are sure to impress.
- 500g pork mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red chill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Wonton wrappers
- Chopped spring onions (for garnish)
- Prepare the Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork mince, minced garlic, chopped red chill, sriracha sauce, fish sauce, sweet soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Take a wonton wrapper and place a small spoonful of the pork filling in the centre.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water using your finger.
- Fold the wrapper in half diagonally to form a triangle.
- Press the edges together firmly to seal the dumpling.
- Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of cooking oil.
- Place the dumplings in the pan, flat side down, and fry for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the bottoms are nicely browned, pour a small amount of water into the pan (enough to cover the base).
- Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow the dumplings to steam for approximately 5-6 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked dumplings to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped spring onions on top for added flavour and garnish.
- Serve the pork dumplings alongside a chilled glass of Wildberry Estate Chardonnay.
To celebrate International Chardonnay Day, receive 20% off our Wildberry Estate Reserve Chardonnay. Offer is valid until Sunday 28 May.